The drive that transfers the rotational power from the engine to the wheels in any manual vehicle is called the clutch. Clutch is an important system of any vehicle, and without its proper working, it is difficult to drive the car on the road. The Clutch acts as a bridge between two rotating shafts, one which is coming from the engine, and the second one that turns the wheels to move the car and controls their speed through various parts like Flywheel, Clutch Plate, pressure place and others. When the driver releases the clutch pedal, there establishes a contact between the engine and gearbox and when the clutch is applied, the engine spins, but the car remains there as engine and gearbox are separated.
There are various parts in the car clutch. The following comprised the parts of clutch:
- Flywheel:It is a part of the clutch system when is permanently fixed to the engine crank. Generally, it has three main functions. The first is to maintain a rotating mass (inertia) to assist the engine rotation and provide more consistent delivery of torque during the running of the car. The second function of flywheel is to provide a ring gear for the starter motor to engage on, and the third to provide one of the driving friction surface for the friction disc. Every time the engine rotates, so does the flywheel. The teeth that cover the edge engage the starter motor with a pinion and start the car.
- Friction Surface: The Friction surface is connected to the transmission input shaft via a spline. The disc drives the input shaft in the transmission which translates movement at the wheels. The disc also absorbs engine vibrations when the clutch is driving, and also absorbs torque when engaging and disengaging drive. Thus friction surface plays a crucial role.
- Clutch plate: Car Clutch plate is a disc plated which has high friction material attached around its perimeter. On the both sides of the clutch disc have the friction products installed where one side is forced against the face of the flywheel and the other side is on the pressure plate. The friction products are the main part of the clutch system and these are designed in such a way they work flawlessly under the normal conditions.
- Clutch plate springs: The Clutch plate springs are mounted on the inner hub of the clutch plate that cushions the clutch engagement. The springs ensures that there is smooth and linear power delivery. They remain mounted on the inner side of the clutch to ensure the easy movement when the clutch is engaged. These springs by dampening the torsional vibrations and fluctuations in the engine delivery.
- Pressure Plate:The pressure plate is bolted to the flywheel- and spins when the flywheel spins. It covers the clutch plate from one side, it presses it against the friction plate. The clutch plate is sandwiched between the pressure plate and flywheel, but is not physically connected to the pressure plate. When the driver presses the clutch pedal and it is applied, it clamps down on the clutch plate and enable the swift gear movement and prevents any vibrations that result in any wear and tear.
- Diaphragm Spring: It is made up of the ‘fingers’ at the center of the pressure plate. When the driver applies the clutch pedal, the motion is directly transmitted to the diaphragm spring to pull the pressure plate away from the clutch plate to allow the free movement of the gears.
- Release Bearing: When the driver presses the clutch pedal this acts on a release fork which in turn pushes the release bearing into the diaphragm spring. As the diaphragm spring is rotating, the release bearing’s job is to absorb any rotary motion of the spring fingers and the linear motion of the release fork.
Since all the parts of the clutch system play an important role in cars movement and safety on the road, it is preferred that only genuine parts are used in the clutch repair and replacement. It is better to engage a trusted and renowned auto workshop like Sterling Clutch and Brakes. At Clutch Repair Service Auckland you can get your clutch repairs and replacement is done with complete satisfaction and assurance as Sterling Clutch and brakes are main Luk Clutch Dealers Auckland.
At LuK Clutch Parts Auckland you can get genuine OEM clutch parts with running guarantee from Sterling Clutch and Brakes Auckland, and you can also book an appointment on phone @09-636-4919, and get expert advice on all issues related to Clutch and Brakes including maintenance. You can also mail your query regarding Clutch and brakes at http://Sterlingbrake.co.nz/
Generally, your car’s hand brake warning light coming on if you forget to disengage your parking brakes when you start your car. But it may be a cause of concern if you see light remain on any other times while starting the car for your drive. It may stay in on position permanently or blink on and off on other times. You have to find reasons why your car’s parking light remain in on position when it shouldn’t be. It may be dangerous to drive with parking light on and you need to find it out in order to drive safely on the road.
There are many reasons why your car’s hand brake parking light stay in on position or blink on and off. Following are the reasons for this problem:
1. Problems in the Parking light Cable: Many times, you may think that you have disengaged your hand brake, but in actuality, it is struck slightly in the on position, or the cable is slightly loose or there is a problem with the brake cable connection. The brake cable has a connection with the brake pads and when the pads are engaged the parking light glows if the car is started. In a condition when there is misalignment in the cable or it goes faulty, then brake my not fully turned off, and it keeps on glowing or the light will stay on.
Many times It may be a sign that your brake pads are stuck in such a position due to the cable problem that it keeps the brake light turned on. For safe drive, it is better to visit expert auto mechanics to get the cable problem rectified and also get the stuck brake pads inspected and rectified so that you don’t face any problem while driving your car. At brake pads Auckland you can get your car brake pads replaced with a new one from Sterling Clutch and Brake.
2.Problems with the connection: When you are not sure that hand brake is in fully off position and your hand brake feel normal, then there is a problem with the brake and the parking light connection. When you disengage the hand brake it should send a message to your parking light on the dashboard to turn off. When the cable connection is loose or broken or there is a fault in the warning light connection the exact message of disengagement of the parking lever is not communicated to the warning light and brake. In case the warning light connection is broken or loose then it will not show that your car brake is off. The hand brake of your car will work properly but the light will stay in the dashboard indicating that there is some problem with the brake.
3. Problems with brake fluid:If there are constant hand brake alerts while driving the car then it is a sign of some problems with your vehicle’s brake fluid level or brake fluid system. For example, if there is constant flashing of warning light when you drive around the corners, then you have a problem with a fluid level in its reservoir which may be getting low. As your turn corners brake fluid moves from side to side in its reservoir and your brake light turns on due to a low level on one side and as you drive on the smooth road it turns off. If this keeps on going constantly many times then you should get the brake fluid system checked and refill the reservoir. If your car disc brake pads need replacement then you can check with Disc brake pads Auckland and get the disc brake pads replaced and also avail the expert suggestion from Sterling Clutch and brakes regarding maintenance and replacement for your car clutch and brakes.
The low fluid level also indicates that the brake pads are worn-out and require the replacement. You need more fluid to maintain a reasonable level in the fluid reservoir if the pads are worn-out as you have to press the brake pedal more fluid moves from to push the pedals to make them brake. The low fluid level also indicates that there is some leakage at the master cylinder or in fluid pipes or in brake drums and all these parts need an immediate replacement for smooth braking.
Hand brake in the car helps you primarily to park your car safely and is a safety tool, but problems in hand brakes are ignored. If there is less fluid or there is a then the safety of your car is affected and may lead to complete disengagement of the hand brake, and driving with brake on can overheat your car’s brake pads and also the fluid leading to safety problems with your car. It is better to get the hand brake system inspected as soon as you see the parking light coming on frequently when the hand brake is disengaged.
You can visit Sterling Clutch and brake Auckland and avail complete check up your car’s brakes, rotors, brake pads, and Car clutch. We provide Brake replacement and clutch replacement service in Auckland with genuine and OEM parts. For any query, you can also visit us at http://Sterlingbrake.co.nz/ or call 09-636-4919.